Tuesday 4 February 2014

Reading Plans and locating Part references.

I seem to spend as much time looking for references to particular parts as I do trying to extract the information from the plans.

John's plans are excellent, particularly the reference numbers for each part. All the info is there, once you find it.

So in order to reduce 'searching' time, I have made up a spreadsheet showing each Part and ALL the references to it. At least the one's that I could find.
Anyone who would like an Excel copy can email me and I shall email it in return.
Here's a tiff of page One.

Pete.

Pete's Somes Sound Parts List.



6 comments:

  1. Pete,
    Hi. I'm in the Puget Sound area in Washington state, USA. I too am in the beginning stages of building a Somes Sound. I have the inner and outer stems done, the transom, and a few other parts. I will be making molds this week and then assembling the building jig.

    Like yourself, I think John's plans and specs are wonderfully detailed but they suffer a bit in organization. I find myself flipping through the pages seeking information that, to me, ought to appear right on the drawings. Your spreadsheet sounds really useful and I'd like to take you up on your offer of a copy. However, I have searched high and low on the blog for your email address but cannot locate it. How can I contact you? Or, maybe through this comment, you now know how to contact me.

    Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading about your build.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff,
    Do you too have a Blog?
    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff,
      I finally managed to get my email address to show on my profile.
      Send me a message and I'll send you the Parts Spreadsheet.
      Pete.

      Delete
  3. I should have mentioned that the most useful function of my Parts List Spreadsheet is that you can sort the list by column and so look for parts either by NAME or PART No.
    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete